January 30, 2010

Restaurant Week Recap

Restaurant Week was once again a delicious success - Wednesday night Calli and I went to Lombardino's.

We went with the Insalata Lombardino and the Squash Soup for appetizers, and the Spaghetti alla Bolognese and Truffled Trumpet Mushrooms for the entree. When we had finished enjoying those courses, out came a Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Panna Cotta and Tiramisu. How can you go to Lombardino's and not order tiramisu, really?

Last night I made reservations for 6 at Sardine to officially celebrate my 24th birthday with the family. The only things we did not try were the Grilled Salmon and the Assorted Cookies plate.

It was my first time trying Duck Confit, and I was blown away. Hopefully I will be able to have that dish again and again. Also, Sardine made the absolute best Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee our table had ever met. We just barely managed to restrain ourselves from licking the bowls.

Congratulations, Madison Restaurant Week Winter 2010. I'm about to go make a countdown until the summer version...

No comments:

Post a Comment